06 March 2010

Love (noun): An Addendum

I had an interesting revelation this week about love: love is unchanging. Seems simple enough right?

Well, let me try to explain:

Love is seeing past your own insecurities, past your desires, past your ego ... and knowing that whatever direction is chosen, you know it is right/true/provides happiness.
Example: an significant ex tells you they are getting married. Once past the initial shock, next comes abandonment: when did this happen? why didn't this happen with me? a million other questions come flooding in...

But then you take a good look at them, and see how at peace they are at this moment in time. (This is what they mean by "settled.") You feel deep down to your core that you still look at that person with the same conviction, admiration, and respect whether they are by your side or leaving you behind. In a life that changes instant to instant, love is the only feeling that remains.

Someday, someone will put me first.
"I believe that my life's going to see, the love I give return back to me..." (John Mayer - Wheel)

No comments:

Post a Comment